Wednesday, September 1, 2010

One Happy Thought

Whenever I get stressed about things, I like to take a little break from the world.  Sometimes it will be just 5 minutes, sometimes it will be my entire lunch hour.  During this break, I recognize my stressed feelings briefly and accept them for what they are.  This allows me to turn my thoughts to something that makes me smile.  I usually pick One Happy Thought, and let myself contemplate on that and soon my mood has been lifted.  Next time you get stressed, try taking a minute to think of something exciting or pleasant about others, yourself, or an event you have going on soon, and you might just find your stress melting away.
The thing that brings me down is that I love my cat sister, Talley, but she swats me in the face whenever I try to play with her.  My One Happy Thought is remembering how sometimes, when Talley is in a good mood, she will rub up against me in the morning (but only if I hold still).   It's amazing and I feel the love when this happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment